Monday, September 29, 2008

A day in the Grass

About 80 guys (and a couple girls including Georgia Gould and Kelli Emmett) lined up for this weekends race at Interlocken. I had a decent start, but it was pretty chaotic as we snaked our way around the grass before we hit the sidewalk for the first time. I was able to avoid a couple of crashes and had to close the door on a guy when he tried to take me on the inside of a corner. After all of the chaos of lap 1, I was finally able to settle into a pace on lap two. I felt pretty good and was able to go with some small groups that were moving forward. Hooked a ride on with a Velonews guy and made my way up Dan-O. We worked together for a few laps and I tried to make a move forward. I kept the boyz at bay until the last lap when I just ran out of gas. Dan-O started racing again on the last lap and caught me sleeping at the wheel as we approached the finish. Point taken!



Photos provided by The Converted

No comments: