Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Choice

I've been mulling over the last couple of days of what to say about last Sunday's cross race. It was a pretty good race for me. Not spectacular as I was laking a little snap in the legs after pacing Podium Boy up to Jamestown the day before, but a good measured effort non the less.


I've also been thinking about a lot of different things related to cyclocross lately and why I do it. As mentioned in the past, it's Dan's fault and I put all of the blame of my cross addiction squarely on his shoulders.




Cyclocross is just a microcosm of life. A lot of hard work that results in some good days, some bad, and others somewhere in between. However, one thing that remains constant is that each time after I go out and suffer, I always try to end with a smile on my face.

To my partners in crime, THANKS for bringing cross into my life and your continued energy in making it what it is today.

Photo's courtesy of THE GLOVER.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryan, can you believe he's trying to downplay the *sswhoopin' we put on him last weekend by saying he paced me up to Jamestown the day before???
Did he pace me up there...? Hell yes.
Did he make me hurt badly four different times when he upped the pace...? Indeed.
Did he love every minute of it..? Yep.

BUT... was that race day????

NOPE. :)

Farrell 12th
Harwood 13th
Teasdale 15th

Giddyup fellas

Bill said...

Podium Boy, I'm just trying to spread positive energy in the universe and this is what you got? We're on the same team, right? Looks like one of us is willing to sacrifice our short-term race day results for the long-term betterment of a teammate. You needed a wake up call and I was more than happy to provide it. And yes I did love every minute of it. It worked too and you kicked my *ss on game day. Your welcome!

Anonymous said...

you make me feel warm inside. kinda like when I put on a pair of soft blue jeans right after I take them out of the dryer...
warm, safe, whole.

i will have to bleed through my eyeballs to stay with you the next time we head up the canyon.
Turkey Day Hugs and Kisses for all.
giddyup

Mindy Glover said...

anonymous...we know who you are...bill, thanks for the photo credits..signed - The Glover

BryanCX said...

it is funny that dan showed no luv as he went by me (i could not stay with him but he could have said lets go)...Dan is all about himself on game day...not a team player...you can remember breck where he did my dirty! lucky we are in different cat for Nats!

Dan_Giddyup said...

Ahhh yes... Breck, where my two 'teammates' smashed into me on both sides at the SAME time! I recall it well... :)