Sunday, November 02, 2008

No Rabbits in the Hat

Boulder Cup Day #1

Day one of the Boulder Cup was back to the reservoir and that means only one thing -- SAND! Today was a day to be aggressive during staging. BCR call-ups and then the free for all. I was able to get myself into the second row. I had a good start and had good position going into the first couple of turns. With the first couple of laps of chaos behind us I settled in just outside the top 10. I was working hard to hold my position, but was feeling good. With three to go my rear tire was feeling a little squishy, but I thought I was going to be ok. With two to go, it was flat! I rode it into the pits and got a pro bike change by the Mavic boys, but it was all too late as the damage was done.



Getting the game face on.


One sand section down, one to go.

Chasing Mr. Converted


Boulder Cup Day 2

Day two was in Boulder at base of the foothills. All grass all the time. This course should have been my friend, but it was not to be. Less than 60 seconds in I could tell is was going to be a long day. 90 seconds in I was making the call to the engine room, but there was no answer. On lap 3 I took a digger in the sand and my sternum and handle bars decided to become friends. What breath I had left, was now gone and what was going to be a very long day become a very short day. Some days are like that.

The preferred method

Not so much fun

Painful memories courtesy of Mrs. Converted



No comments: